View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 11:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Everything Mark and Bud says is very true. I'd also like to add that probably my biggest step toward recovery was accepting my "new normal." Once you do that there is a lot of opportunity to move forward and indeed those who make a "full" recovery have probably also accepted new realities.

Time moves on. You can't bring back the pre-accident person. You can accept the post-accident person, however.

I definitely know I won't ever quite be the same as I was before my accident (I still have slight balance and vision problems and probably always will), but my life is extremely awesome. Better than before, honestly, if that makes sense. The fatigue is definitely one of those things that has gone away with time and I in fact have the same energy levels that I did before the accident. I might need a little bit more sleep. . .

I'm not on here much at all anymore, but Mark and Bud have fantastic input and are great people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Lebber,

You aren't alone on the rollercoaster.

PCS is a strange journey and for me many things were unexplainable, unpredictable and unquantifiable. Many ups and downs and blindsided by symptoms I thought were long gone.

I was surprised Sunday by needing to exit church during the singing because of volume bothering me...been over a year since that happened last probably but the good news is it didn't upset me, i just walked out to a quieter place.

The good news is life returns and I dare say I'm better for it, I've learned a lot.

Bud
seth8a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lebber (11-25-2017)