Thread: Asking for help
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

It was hard raising my son after I developed CRPS and he was 9. I can't imagine how you've managed.

My son was very active in sports and activities, but he also played intensely and quietly by himself indoors from the time he was a toddler, so I know I had it easy. There were periods I was working 60 hours a week or worked and went to school, but I had family help as well as school and daycare and I was healthy.

Maybe the day you need some help, she could start an activity like tumbling or dance? Then have a young babysitter in to play? Or you could drop her to her activity and a relative could pick her up and keep her for a few hours or even overnight?

Sit down and write out what tasks are the most difficult for you to do. Then you can figure out if they can be done a different way or if someone can do them. You have to reserve time for her when you're at your best and rest when she's gone.

One last thing, I can't stress enough how important a balanced diet can make with some kids. I figured out that when my son ate poorly he would get hyper and irritable. If his sleep schedule was not maintained, that would exacerbate the problem. --When my brother first started babysitting him he'd call complaining and it was always because of those issues.

You could have a conversation with your mom and see if she wants to be part of the rotation of help and set up a schedule. Even if it's a few hours every other week or once a month. And if she doesn't, that's her choice, you'll find help elsewhere.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (12-03-2017), catra121 (11-25-2017), RSD ME (11-30-2017)