View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Yeah, I found this thread while researching drugs to help with "Alcoholic Neuropathy". It had been dormant since 2010-ish so I asked a question, MrsD set me straight, and here we are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Part 2??

Well, I never thought this thread would ever pass 100 pages when I revived it back in 2012.....

Proud of ALL of the regulars here for maintaining a place of hope, support and encouragement for us....

I was researching smoking and neuropathy today (thanks for putting this back in my head) and I think I may actually put these damn things down in the next couple weeks....it's getting cold here (had to scrape the windows on the wagon this morning) and the 6am smoke break is just not as fun when your nostrils freeze up....

Plus, it would be a good test to see if I actually will feel better without them....I think I started in 1988....
Interesting. When I was about a month shy of a year sober, I started smoking because I was starting to feel a little wonky. I smoked for a little over a month. During that time, my feet didn't hurt more but they did have less motion and were harder to stretch out. They were more twitchy

It's been two weeks now with no smoking and I'm not sure they feel a lot better but feel more like they did before I smoked. BTW during that time I tried drinking one day: first off, it didn't help my nerve pain at all — and I swear it used to help when I was drinking. I considered it a dangerous experiment but I haven't been tempted to drink again at all.

So, if anyone is considering controlled drinking: I don't think it hides the pain like it used to (I guess that was just part of the fog of being drunk) and remember it is still poison.

Thanks for continuing this thread! It's been a real help to me
FutureRunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (11-26-2017), mrsD (11-28-2017), PamelaJune (11-28-2017), SecondChances (11-25-2017), Wide-O (11-25-2017)