Thread: Asking for help
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
It was hard raising my son after I developed CRPS and he was 9. I can't imagine how you've managed.

My son was very active in sports and activities, but he also played intensely and quietly by himself indoors from the time he was a toddler, so I know I had it easy. There were periods I was working 60 hours a week or worked and went to school, but I had family help as well as school and daycare and I was healthy.

Maybe the day you need some help, she could start an activity like tumbling or dance? Then have a young babysitter in to play? Or you could drop her to her activity and a relative could pick her up and keep her for a few hours or even overnight?

Sit down and write out what tasks are the most difficult for you to do. Then you can figure out if they can be done a different way or if someone can do them. You have to reserve time for her when you're at your best and rest when she's gone.

One last thing, I can't stress enough how important a balanced diet can make with some kids. I figured out that when my son ate poorly he would get hyper and irritable. If his sleep schedule was not maintained, that would exacerbate the problem. --When my brother first started babysitting him he'd call complaining and it was always because of those issues.

You could have a conversation with your mom and see if she wants to be part of the rotation of help and set up a schedule. Even if it's a few hours every other week or once a month. And if she doesn't, that's her choice, you'll find help elsewhere.
Those are some good ideas...thank you. I actually think I have it pretty easy with my daughter compared to some of the stories I hear...but even the easy things are hard for me...lol. she has slept through the night every night 10-12 hours since she was a month and a half old. She doesn't nap and hasn't at all since 2...and that's been hard especially because she gets irritable during That time when she should probably nap...but I seriously know I am lucky she sleeps well at night. I am terrified of potty training because I feel like it will mean trips upstairs at night and we have never had to do that. But maybe not...we'll see on that...because of the other hand bot lifting her up to the changing table will be awesome. Anyway...I digress. Thanks for the tips and I will look into those things for sure.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (11-26-2017), RSD ME (11-30-2017)