View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Do you sleep on your back? If you do, you could try sleeping with a pillow under your knees. It reduces strain on the lower back. Your yoga may be straining your back. It is far more stressful than it appears. Have you ever heard of TRX or any of the other suspension training programs? They are good at strengthening your core.

I take 400 mgs of ibuprofen an hour or two before bed? I have a shoulder problem and arthritis in my hands.

You also could try taking 50 to 100 mgs of 5-HTP an hour or two before bed. It's a precursor to serotonin and melatonin which help with sleep. It can also help with anxiety. It is not a drug. You body makes it from L-Tryptophan.

Your blacked out room may be working against you. Your sleep clock uses morning light to set the start of the day. Maybe a bright light on a timer to wake you in the morning will help you. Do you feel sleepy when you get in bed? How long does it take for you to fall asleep?

Does your bladder wake you up at night? Drinking lots of water may be an issue. The "drink 8 glasses or more of water a day" is not based on valid research. Drinking less after 6 pm may help.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote