Thread: Asking for help
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 12:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Know the feeling well

I think we have all been there a time or two unfortunately. I still don't get the help I need a lot. Funnily enough more family members and friends have not only offered help, but actually followed through with it now that I have my back issues. I guess it's more understandable or relatable or something. My mother is on the other side of the state but was supposed to come help me take care of my house and kid after my lidocaine treatment for a few weeks but backed out 2 days before my procedure, get this, because if she did she couldn't afford cigarettes for the rest of the month lol.
One thing I have learned is that if someone comes to help, it's because they can or want to. Don't beat yourself up when they have offered. I'm willing to bet that if the situation was reversed that you would be more than happy to help a friend or family member in need! You can only do the best you can within your own limits. It is also okay to NOT be okay sometimes. With CRPS or any other debilitating condition, we will have our down days. Just remember to love yourself and try to focus on the things you CAN do. I hope you find some relief soon hun!!!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (11-27-2017), RSD ME (11-30-2017)