View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 01:13 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Confused Please Help, I'm Suffering Need Help!

Hello!
This website is the only place I could find to ask this question.
I'm a 17 years old male teen and I am suffering from weird, constant, "electrical" and extremely sharp pain in my head mostly in the temporal lobe whenever I hear specific sounds, specifically soft sounds and I become hypersensivity most of the times, especially when relaxed. The weird thing is that it doesnt necessarily happen because of fear or anxiety (also some sounds doesnt create anger) and I dont hear the sound louder than it is, I just get this weird sharp pressure in the sides of my skull and the effects of it such as the inability to focus and the pain creates the anxiety and stress and thats why I thought it was anxiety-related for the past 2.5 years and thats why I have find out that anxiety was just a secondary symptom (I think). Or maybe I have a sound phobia or something that creates this "reaction", in which it is still really really unusual. I dont know what to do anymore! I cant think, study and I have a huge problem with my memory and with my quality of life because of this and it become more more severe and it makes my life unbearable in which it is really unfair! Sometimes I take advil and it helps a bit, but I cant take it everyday. Im thinking to go to a neurologist about this, but I dont know if its worth it because it may just be a psychological problem, in which I'll become toasted if it is. What could this be? My possible causes/clues are:
-Non epileptic seizures (and/or psychogenic)
-Migraines or
-Neuralgia
Any ideas please?? :/
Thank you very much!
MasterYocheese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (11-28-2017)