View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 07:28 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default PCS getting worse

Hi everyone

Long time reader, first time poster. 4 months ago in August I received a concussion, my 3rd since April this year and have been experiencing post concussion symptoms since. All 3 concussions happened playing rugby.
My symptoms have mostly been dizziness and lightheadedness (not vertigo) and headaches. There was some cognitive impairment but that passed within the first few weeks. Some light and noise sensitivity but not major. The worst thing was the dizziness. I thought I was gradually improving but since about 3 weeks ago I have been getting progressively worse and feel as if I am back where I started.
Does anyone have any idea what could have triggered this regression? I dont think I have been overdoing it as I have been very careful to stop and rest every time I felt the headache get worse. The only thing I can think of is I bumped my head around the time things started getting worse. I was bending over to clean under a bench and hit my head on the edge as I was standing up. It hurt, but definitely not bad enough to be another concussion. Since then my neck has been very stiff and sore and I think that could be triggering some of my symptoms. The headache has worsened. I have been doing eye exercises daily and have noticed my tolerance for them has been getting worse also.
I am seeing a vestibular physiotherapist and osteopath. I am currently on a very low dose of zoloft as I couldn't tolerate any higher and dont think it is doing anything for me. My doctor wants me to go off the zoloft and on amitriptyline instead. But I see that dizziness is a side effect and worried about my dizziness getting even worse.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks a lot.
dizzyozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote