View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did it and posted on the long thread when I did. My personal experience was that it didn't directly help with my pain levels BUT...I slept better which helped me tolerate the pain better because I was getting sleep and I had flare ups much less often after the treatments and that lasted for a while. I have since had another accident that set me into a tail spin...but for several years I was having fewer flare ups, shorter flare ups (usually over within a day) and was sleeping better without any meds. But it did not directly help with bringing my pain levels down. Maybe if I had worked with a doctor and tried other placements for the electrodes...but I was overall happy with the treatment.

Now...I just did the DRG spinal cord stimulator trial and that brought my pain down from an 8/10 baseline to a 3/10 instantly...and with rest I was down to a 2/10 while at rest and 3/10 while up and moving around. Had one flare up during the trial that brought me up to a 6/10...but still less than my 8/10 baseline without the DRG unit. If this is an option...I highly recommend trying it out because the relief was instant and AMAZING...nothing else has done anything to bring my pain down like that. I was not interested in the traditional SCS but the results with the DRG have been so promising and positive that I gave it a try and am so glad I did.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote