Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
The pain is rough after having that small period of relief. Thankfully...when the trial was over it took about 16 hours for the pain to creep up to the pre-DRG levels. I was worried it would be like BAM the pain is back but it was gradual over the course of the day. But after a week of MUCH lower pain levels it's hard to swallow this level of pain again. I get the permanent one two weeks from yesterday...it feels like forever away still but I am trying to get things like Christmas shopping and wrapping done before then because I will have the restrictions of no stretching, reaching, lifting, etc and I want to have as much done as possible before then with that stuff. But every day is a struggle now. Not that it wasn't before the DRG...but the pain relief was so good during the trial that it's just hard to have the pain back. But I know it will go down again in two weeks so I am just focused on that and on getting things ready for then.

I did have one flare up during the trial where the pain went up but it only lasted a day and I was able to adjust the levels up to help a little.

Good luck to you...I hope it works out and you get some good relief! I've also heard that sometimes having them reprogram the unit can increase relief. Have you called your rep?
I did contact the rep. by text. I did move the settings up and down but the amount of current?? to relieve the pain increased the tingling and needle feeling.

I go in tomorrow to have it removed so maybe the rep can shed some light on the pain increase.

I have cold crps and the drg hasn't really changed the very cold feeling in my foot. Did your extremities feel warmer while in the trial?
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-30-2017)