View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply.

The zoloft was prescribed for depression. I have been seeing a neuropsychologist as well which has been helpful. She said that depression is often associated with PCS and seems to think I may have been depressed prior to the last concussion which could have contributed somewhat to my ongoing symptoms. The zoloft is too low a dose to be helpful as I couldnt tolerate higher. But I am concerned about going on another drug especially one with dizziness as a side effect. Has anyone experienced dizziness on amitriptyline? Perhaps I should ask for a different med?

The osteopath is using gentle manipulations mostly focusing on myofascial release as most of the pain is due to excessive tension which he thinks is compressing some nerves. I have a herniated disc in my neck C5/C6 from my 2nd concussion so avoiding any more aggressive treatment.
For sleeping I have switched to a firmer pillow and sleep on my side. It seems to help as I dont wake up with any pain or stiffness and sleep well. In fact I feel best in the morning and seem to deteriorate during the day the longer I hold my head up. I have tried painkillers but my doctor told me to go off them as she is concerned about rebound headaches. I've mostly been using a heat pack and gentle stretching.

My vestibular system has definitely gotten worse over the past few weeks. Most of my eye issues is due to convergence insufficiency and my convergence distance has worsened. Do you think that could be due to the bump on the head?

Thanks for the help. This forum is definitely helpful as it's very hard to find people that understand what we are going through. When I tell people I can't go out because of a headache their response is always an incredulous "still??"
dizzyozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote