Thread: Asking for help
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 06:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So...my daughter just turned 3 and she definitely understands the concepts of mommy hurts and mommy needs to rest and I feel like she does really good with this but she's also just 3 and is easily frustrated when she wants something from me I can't do. Shes really into playing with "guys" now (Mickey figures, Lego guys, etc) and I can't always hold them or can't hold in both hands or can't move my arm much to play with them. Most of the time she's ok when I say I can't do it but sometimes she tries to force the guys in my hands or cries when I say I can't and says. "But I just want to play with you!" That's so hard...she really is sweet and that breaks my heart. She rebounds fast...because she's 3 and doesn't hold a grudge...lol...but it still makes me sad. Also hard is that if she does bump me or hurt me...she says sorry and hugs me. I don't want her to feel bad for just being a kid, you know? Usually she did nothing wrong...just normal kid stuff...so I hate that she feels bad about it. She really is a sweet heart and things are gradually getting easier as she gets older. She can do little things for me, like bring me stuff or put stuff in the garbage, etc, and is getting better at independent play. But play time is the least of the issues. Necessary things like lifting her out of bed, changing her diaper, getting her dressed, cooking her food, etc...those are the things that take a daily toll on me more than anything.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (11-30-2017), RSD ME (11-30-2017)