View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:07 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
I did it and posted on the long thread when I did. My personal experience was that it didn't directly help with my pain levels BUT...I slept better which helped me tolerate the pain better because I was getting sleep and I had flare ups much less often after the treatments and that lasted for a while. I have since had another accident that set me into a tail spin...but for several years I was having fewer flare ups, shorter flare ups (usually over within a day) and was sleeping better without any meds. But it did not directly help with bringing my pain levels down. Maybe if I had worked with a doctor and tried other placements for the electrodes...but I was overall happy with the treatment.

Now...I just did the DRG spinal cord stimulator trial and that brought my pain down from an 8/10 baseline to a 3/10 instantly...and with rest I was down to a 2/10 while at rest and 3/10 while up and moving around. Had one flare up during the trial that brought me up to a 6/10...but still less than my 8/10 baseline without the DRG unit. If this is an option...I highly recommend trying it out because the relief was instant and AMAZING...nothing else has done anything to bring my pain down like that. I was not interested in the traditional SCS but the results with the DRG have been so promising and positive that I gave it a try and am so glad I did.

catra,First let my say its awesome that you have found some pain relief !! The pain with this condition is horrifying and debilitating.

It might be worth trying tDCS for the sleep alone, my husband sleeps a few hours a night and its really affecting his overall health.

Could you please tell me what a flare up means in regards to CRPS ? My husband has symptoms/pain 24/7 .

My husband was hurt on the job and is on Workers Comp. He has a doctor here in Reno who's treatment plan is drugs, spinal nerve block and spinal cord stimulator. He was allowed to see a doctor in Las Vegas who's treatment plan is to do a Peripheral Nerve Surgery . At this point we are waiting to see if WC will pay for the surgery in Las Vegas (they paid for him to fly down there a see Dr Tollestrup and then denied the surgery) , but we are doing some research on the spinal cord stimulator as well.

Thanks for the info.
Alice P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote