View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:46 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Does your physiotherapist know how to make sure the cervical vertebra are not the cause of your muscle spasms? Are you using any anti-inflammatory meds? Aspirin. ibuprofen?
I dont really understand the question. But scans show that my spine is fine. both the doctor and physiotherapist think my spine isn't the cause because of the nature of the incident. My neck wasn't jarred during the accident. It was more of a shockwave going to my neck. They also don't feel anything abnormal about my spine. My muscles arent really spasming but they are constantly in contraction. They think it was because at first the doctor didnt think much of my injuries and let my return to my activities to soon so my neck became overexerted and is now stuck in contraction mode.

The neuro actually told my not to use aspirin nor ibuprofen because of the blood thinning properties. She explained to me that taking blood thinners can give a quick relief but can give problems in the long run. Idk what to think, i get a lot of mixed messages about that. The thing is i don't really feel pain so they told me not to use it anyway.

Btw do you know if a tens unit is good for releasing muscles?
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote