View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi everyone! Just checking in again since it's been awhile. I had to get caught up on reading everyone's progress. I'm so glad we have a place like this to come because a lot of people just wouldn't understand.

My symptoms are still pretty much the same -- still can't feel my feet, haven't driven a car in almost 3 years due to that. I don't want to chance it. I am still faithfully taking the vitamins, and really trying to keep the sugar and salt intake to a minimum.

The only improvement I can tell is, my fingers feel not quite as numb as before, so that's a start anyway. I still have trouble with balance. It's almost impossible for me to go up or down a stairwell without a handrail. Pain and that dastardly "neuro itch" comes and goes, but it doesn't seem as bad as it used to be. Although, I am beginning to think that my body is just used to it now - it's my "new normal". And I am OK with that as long as I can still walk. Hopefully no wheelchair or cane for me, knock on wood...?

Just reading some of your posts about smoking - I am SO grateful I never have smoked in my lifetime, and I really feel for those of you who are trying to quit. That's got to be SO hard to kick. And I really do wonder if that makes a big difference in the severity of one's neuropathy.

So to sum it up for today...I am still far from over this PN thing but I know it could be so much worse. Be well, everyone!
WannaGetFeelingBack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (12-04-2017), kiwi33 (12-04-2017), mrsD (12-06-2017), PamelaJune (12-04-2017), SecondChances (12-05-2017), Wide-O (12-04-2017)