Thread: Asking for help
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 04:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the tips ladies! I will definitely consider all of that as we transition into the big girl bed and everything else.

Potty training went really well...3 days of no accidents and she would run to the potty on her own with no prompting. She's an awesome little girl and sometimes I feel like I have it very easy (despite my CRPS issues).

I want to transition her to a toddler bed...but just not right now. We own our home and I've been sleeping downstairs because it's easier to not have to make multiple trips up and down, and since I barely sleep it's easier to just be downstairs with the tv and not wake my husband up when I get up, and both our bathrooms are downstairs. During the DRG trial I was able to go up and down the stairs no problem really...so hopefully once the permanent one is in and I'm healed up from the surgery I can be upstairs and that will work out better and be a better time transition into a bed for my daughter.

I agree that my husband needs to help more...but at the same time I realize how hard all of this has been on him too and he just looks SO tired all the time that I try to let him sleep and rest as much as he can. It means I do more than I should...but it won't do either of us any good if he completely runs himself down.

And my left arm is essentially useless at this point. ANY reaching, lifting, etc and it feels like someone is trying to rip my arm off. Obviously this makes everything hard. I still try to use it as much as possible to avoid frozen shoulder and making things worse...so it's not immobilized in any way...it just hurts really bad. My right arm is the "best of the worst" and that ends up being prone to flare ups from overuse. But like everything else, I've learned ways to do things that make everything easier on me...it's just hard when my baseline is an 8...I'm always just one little thing away from a flare up.

Anyway...the great news is that I DID ask for help from my husband's family for the 3 weeks after my DRG implant and I was able to get all but 2 dates covered by them...so just a couple days for my mom and dad to help out and I feel very relieved to not have that stress right now. It's so hard to ask for help but I feel like a large burden has been lifted.

Thanks again everyone...I always appreciate being able to talk/think things through with you guys.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (12-05-2017)