View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 10:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Question Resting Heart Rate Indicator of Recovery?

First time poster.

I have had pcs for 1.5 years now. It's been a roller coaster at times, with a continual, gradual, albeit very slow, improvement. I'm still seeing gradual improvement and hope to someday be fully recovered, although if I'm honest, I don't believe I ever will.

In any case, I want to put this observation out there and see if any others have noticed a similar connection between their resting heart rate and their rate of recovery. I have had a Fitbit for a year now, and my resting heart rate has steadily risen over the last 12 months as my health has improved. In addition, as my teaching work load/efforts piled up through a 5 day week, I'd notice my RHR decrease along with an increase in my symptoms. A weekend of rest would see the RHR uptick slightly. Catching a flu/cold virus would see a steady 10 day decline as I wore down. I also have bumped my head causing setbacks with accompanying symptom spikes lasting 1-3 weeks, and along with that my RHR nosedived during the period as symptoms resolved.

It seems clear to me that there's a connection, and am wondering if others can corroborate, or provide additional insight.
Canuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote