View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
To be honest, I'd bet on the lumbar arthritis playing a role here...or other spine related nerve compression. Especially since it's bilateral. You don't have to have any back pain (and many don't) with nerve related pain of this nature.

Do you still have this pain even if you lift one leg (just enough to take the weight bearing off)? I don't mean lift it off the floor, just take the weight off.

Since it only occurs while standing still, there must be some sort of compression in this position. You should contact your neuro, or orthopedist that specializes in spine.

I assume that the pain goes away when walking?
Thanks so much for your help on this Anita. Yes I was certain that this related to nerve compression too. My neuro saw me for expedited review two weeks ago and was more focussed on finding my neck MRI to look at the cause of pins and needles running the length of both arms than on my lumbar spine. She said she would phonee last week to let me know what further investigations were warranted but hasn’t. So I went to see my GP about the standing problem and she said she would write to my neuro about this but no word. I see the occupational therapist in the hospital in an hour so maybe he can chase this up.

The pain does alleviate a lot with even one leg lifted but best of all when I prop my bum up on my seat stick and take weight off both. And yes walking relieves it although I’m slow because my feet are numb and my proprioception is affected so I can’t turn my head to look for cars without loosing my balance. I will pester some more for answers.

I had a full CT with contrast last year and lumbar arthritis was the only significant thing that showed up. I had 2/3 very large babies born back to front with terrible labours so my old physio used to attribute this but I’m worried about caulda equina if it continues to go unaddressed. Is this a potential risk do you think and is what we are talking about here Sciatica?

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote