View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much (((((((((( lara )))))))))) You're so kind to me and caring. I appreciate it so much.

My daughter and little JJ are maintaining, but it's been very worrisome for little JJ recently. See, his movements have greatly reduced and heart rate though still normal, went from high 150's to high 130's/low 140's. They're now doing weekly no-stress tests on him. Last week, he failed and they sent daughter to hospital immediately for a special ultrasound where they grade from one to 8. He almost didn't get his 8. They literally had to beat up her belly to get two small gross body movements from him in the allotted time frame. She called the dr. and they let her go home. On a good note, he immediately showed her his "practice breathing" which means he could breathe outside right now if delivered.

Anyhow, his movements have still been so low that she just sits and cries on on verge of tears all the time. They'd increased when she refused to take the time released beta blocker, but it didn't last.

Well, three days ago, I just told her to get up and get her heart rate going hard and see if that helped his movements. It did somewhat but not alot. She also noted that he increases a bit when she's in a hot bath and doing all that stuff.

Because of all this, she didn't take her beta blocker yesterday just to see what happened and she sat and giggled all day long. He was moving constantly, up in her ribs, etc. Same thing today. She said, "seriously mom, his movements have increased 80% if not more. i have NO doubt the beta blocker was sedating/affecting him."

I've told her to trust that. She sees dr. Friday for another no-stress test, but I said she should call him sooner to let him know about the beta blocker as one is not supposed to skip doses or discontinue. She's discontinued. The good thing that doesn't worry me is her ultrasound of heart showed a normal heart and the arythmia's are directly related to the hyperthyroidism which is, at the moment, under control. Sooo, while she'll probably get a bit tachycardic, it might be fine.

Anyhow, that's the latest. We're just waiting for our new little man to get here safely we pray.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. We need it and it means so much.

Love,

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote