View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 03:04 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Yes I sleep on my back and use a pillow under my knees. The yoga I'm doing is quite gentle but I'll tone it down for a while. I'll look into TRX thanks.

I took a lot of NSAIDS for the first couple of months but I was told that I might not want to continue doing so for the long term. It sounds like you've taken them for some time without problems?

I can't take 5htp at the moment as I've gone back on Trazedone for sleep, this time at a slightly higher dose.

I'm not sure that the darkened room is a problem. I'm usually awake for the last little bit of the night, even if I'm underslept, and so waking up isn't an issue. I feel sleepy when I go to bed but it takes me 20 minutes or more to fall asleep. It's been that way for most of my life.

The bladder was an issue for a little bit but I've been making sure to drink lots of water earlier in the day and very little in the evening. Not being woken by that anymore.

It looks like I have some episacral lipomas ("back mice"). Going to have a dermatologist look at them as they can sometimes cause pain that gets misdiagnosed as muscular.

Do you have an opinion on isometric neck strengthening exercises? I've been doing them for over a month on the recommendation of several therapists, doctors and a neurologist. Many have said that they are the most important thing to do for whiplash.
The last week or so I've started to experience a great deal of intracranial pressure. I've read a couple other posts on the forum that have mentioned this can be due to the neck.
The weather has changed so it could be related to that, but I wonder if it's because of the neck.
jtoronto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote