View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Kratom works for me!

I've been using Kratom for the past 3 weeks to slowly wean off the Opioids the doctor put me on after my back surgery 16 months ago. Although the surgery did help my back and some of my symptoms, the burning in my legs remained chronic. I went to a pain management doctor recommended by my PC who is not a pill mill doctor. I thought it was to help me wean off the opioids, but instead, as I still had burning, he changed the way I took them and added another opioid to the mix.

SO, like I wrote I have been using kratom for the past 3 weeks to wean off these drugs and it is FABULOUS! I am down to half the amount of oxycodone and will take on the hydrocodone next. The best part is i have no burning with the Kratom (but I do have some with the opioids) and plenty of energy without feeling anxious. I am not promoting anything here, I am simply reporting what is working for me. Everyone is different as is the cause for our neuropathy. The neurologist still does not what causes mine.

Last, I did get my marijuana card and it is completely useless for me. The products sold at the dispensary in my state are either mostly THC or straight CBD. I am not interested in getting high, and the level of THC made it impossible for me to sleep at night. For those of you that have the same problem check out CBN for nighttime use. Some dispensaries carry it in pill form, patches or cream. Mine does not. It basically has the anti-inflammatory and pain relief properties of THC without getting you high. I would only use it at night to sleep if I had access.
carol
Chicosalt (03-22-2018), janieg (12-10-2017), Joe Duffer (07-02-2018), mrsD (12-10-2017)