Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So...I'm home now. Things ran a little behind but not too bad. I was home by 2 instead of noon. The surgery itself took about 2 hours.

Before they took me back they gave me an IV, a Norco, and 2 Tylenol. They gave me if sedation and woke me up in the middle to ask me if I could feel the tingling and where. I have a very distinct memory of the doctor saying at the end to put me back under and that he was going to cut and then a woman's voice saying oh no you're not, not yet. And I totally felt him start cutting...but then was out. When I came back out of it I was in the recovery room and had to lie flat for about 30 mins before they let me sit up and eat/drink something (I had to fast since midnight).

Then it took a LONG time for the reo from st judes to come and program my unit because she was in surgery with someone else getting a stimulator. This time the programming took a little longer than last time. I have just a vague memory from the operating room but I think they were having issues with coverage there too. Anyway...this time I got an iPod touch and an icloud account. The iPod is in an otterbox...my new beat friend.

Bottom line...pain is a 2 right now in my leg. A TWO. I walked out instead of using the wheelchair. My back is sore and they have a wrap brace around me. They wanted to put ice packs on but I said no...but they said I may still want to use it for pressure and I like it for that...plus it helps me to not stretch or bend too much which is a plus.

I go back on 11 day for a check up. Restrictions will be for 3-6 weeks according to the doctors. Slightly annoyed that what the Drs said and what is on various disc arge papers don't all match...but will error on the side of caution with everything and ask any questions at my follow up or when they call tomorrow if anything comes up.

I was given 10 days of antibiotics and 30 Norco for the back pain. The back pain right now is soreness...but everyone assured me it will be a lot worse when the lidocaine wears off. But I can WALK with my leg pain only at a 2 right now!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (12-11-2017), RSD ME (12-11-2017)