Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 07:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

All I can say is...AAAAAHHHHHHH! All day yesterday the pain in my back was minimal...not bad at all and I didn't take any Norco except right before bed because I knew trying to sleep would be an issue. Which is was...hard to get comfy and the experiment of trying to sleep in the recliner a failed one. Sleeping on my stomach was the only thing that worked. Unfortunately I'm a flopper when I sleep. Usually I am constantly flopping from one side to the next. Well...in my sleep I flopped...and then...i was not sleeping any more. The profanity and screams...glad I didn't wake anyone up. Getting off the couch was...difficult. I guess this is the pain they kept talking about. Of course...once I rolled off the couch I started coughing and it was like...NOOOOO...dont cough! That hurts even more. So now I am awake and in AGONY and waiting for these pain meds to kick in.

In happier news...i noticed that the tingling with the stimulator is very positional. When walking or standing or with legs bent while sitting it was perfect but reaching for anything (even scratching my head) or straightening my legs while sitting I could feel tingling. So when I was done walking for the night I was able to turn the stim way down (to maybe half what I had it on during the day)...and I'm still getting excellent relief in my leg. When I start walking around and moving later today then I will bump it back up again.

One feature I like about the controller is that (I have 2 leads that cover different areas so my leg is covered from the knee down) I can "group" the two leads together and adjust as a group all at once. They can also be adjusted individually which was good during the day as I was moving at get the right settings for each area, but at night when I just wanted to bump it all down it was so simple to group it all together and bump it all down. Then it will be easy to bump it up in the morning.

Speaking of the controller...its an iPod touch with all the normal iPod touch stuff including apps, camera, safari, etc. I don't plan to junk it up with anything else...but I did do some playing around on it since I don't have an iPhone or an iPod touch. Definitely interesting...but I'm hoping my classic iPod never dies...lol...i would miss the simplicity of it and massive storage. I have not yet determined a good way to carry two phones essentially. They don't fit in my current purse as it...so I will have to figure something out that's not awkward or prone to me forgetting one or the other.

Ok...think the meds are finally starting to kick in. Don't think I will get anymore sleep today but I will try to still rest a little and maybe pull out my stitching and listen to a Book (currently listening to The Godfather).
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (12-12-2017), RSD ME (12-19-2017)