View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wonder if lymph node swelling at the arm pit correlates with compression at the axilla? Maybe try some exercises to open up that pec minor area?

I always have lymph swelling at the neck, less on the right since surgery, but the left is always backed up since that is where everything drains into the Greater lymph something (Duct?) and the compression on that side reminds me of a basement sorely in need of a sump pump!

Lymph massage, done correctly, helps to a degree. I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear when I asked Drs about this and whether I should be concerned they pooh-poohed the idea that lymph fluid build-up could be a concern unless you had had a mastectomy. But I spoke to a OT who works with breast cancer patients who have lymphadema and she said absolutely to keep the lymph moving and NOT let it just build up and sit. She was quite concerned and informative. And yet the Dr's get SO upset if you mention the PT, OT or ANYONE told you ANYTHING that has proved helpful - makes me want to SCREAM!

When I get trigger point shots though, the left side swells like a golf ball and stays like that for weeks before the fluid is finally re-absorbed - that FINALLY got one Dr's attention that things aren't really flowing like they should. Not that he did anything helpful, he just refused to give me any more trigger point injections. Siggghhhhhh...

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote