View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Those are great links... thanks!!

Yes, many people who have food sensitivities (i.e. gluten sensitivity) do experience malabsorption if they continue to eat the foods that they are sensitive to. That intestinal damage can sometimes be corrected very quickly and sometimes very slowly... The 'cascading symptoms' like anemia etc. can take a short period to get 'caught up' or a long time... it all depends on the person, the amount of damage, how strict they become with their diet, if they allocate all the foods that they are sensitive to... etc.

And yes, there can also be stomach acid issues that take time to correct (either too little or too much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis View Post
...But I don't know if it's all right for people with celiac to take either Vitamin C or hydrochloric acid...
Some people may have sensitivities to either one... it's an individual thing more than a celiac or gluten sensitivity thing.

You've really hit the nail on the head for c.d. and g.s. many, many times in your post.

I really enjoyed the explanations at your site. It's all very well put and loads of information for people to mull over.

Awesome!!

Came back to edit: (Have you considered the possibility of having gluten sensitivity issues?)
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote