View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 09:47 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Anxiety sensations returning

I slammed my head in April. After 3 months of living a nightmare it all finally subsided mid September after 80 days of Citalopram (10 and then 15mg). I felt like my old self. No horrific anxiety sensations, head weirdness returned to normal, no sobbing and the amped up nervousness inside my body went away..... Except for hyper salivation and the "lump in the throat " anxious feeling that lingered every now and again. Otherwise all was well in my world. I stopped the citalopram mid September without any issues.

My plan was to start bio hormonal therapy to sort those out as I had been having issues with that prior. I'm in menopause . I do have that new cream but haven't started it yet..... Here is why.......

I've noticed this past week I'm once again feeling (I would say) "mildly nervous and uneasy inside". I'm having lots of hyper salivation and doing my "anxious swallows" as I call them. Normal daily thoughts can give me an overwhelming anxious feeling which isn't congruent to that thought. (Hard to explain I'm sorry)
I'm incredibly tearful again so I'm thinking low serotonin. I guess I'm just surprised these sensations are returning and I wonder if my head slam caused some permanent change that will require me to be on Citalopram forever. I'm ok with that . i still have the prescription. I felt well on it with no side effects.

I did have surgery and have been out of work 14 weeks for my foot but was able to relax and enjoy that ... I don't think that is a source of this anxiety.
I also have anticipatory anxiety now as soon as I wake up I'm super aware of how I feel. My hyper salivation and unease started pretty much as soon as I woke up today. I do recognize this and realize I am contributing to it.
I am NOT new to anxiety. I consider myself quite well versed in it.
I am NEW to head slams and all the horrors it brought me.

I guess I just wanted to check in with updates .
I was doing well for 2 months so wanted to report that .
God bless y'all
Sustained severe whiplash. Slammed head - didn't lose conciousness- dealt with severe nervous system hyperstimulation, Severe anxiety, horrible depression and uncontrollable crying, feeling "off and surreal and disconnected" and scared. End of life intrusive thoughts.

Treatment -- chiropractor, massage, citalopram to raise my serotonin

August 2017.
Remaining symptoms are feeling off and somehow disconnected ...and surrealness that both come and go....and a general state of anxiety ... More mental than physical now.
Rahruwin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote