Thread: a question --
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My daughter throws up when I give her vitamin C... so I haven't done it in a long time. Some people do have a citric acid sensitivity... it seems fairly common in gluten sensitive people. Like Cara said though, it might just be a time healing gut thing.

I know that I seem to require magnesium more than calcium. I've not isolated why but I've tested and retested myself and I just do better when I'm supplementing it. Of course, it's pretty clear that I had a fair amount of malabsorptive damage going on previous to going gluten (and other things) free.

I think there's such a wide range of possibilities with professionals because there is such a wide range of people with different requirements and reactions.

For example, I do so *much* better with evening primrose oil on so many levels. But two other women I know with the same types of symptoms I have, do worse on it. It's all very individual and leaves people in a state of unbalance because they don't know what to do. It's a real conundrum.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote