View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 03:56 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It really does not matter if it was a concussion or not. The symptoms are the important issue. Bumps happen. You can't reverse time. Try to relax.

Do you have a rescue protocol for such events? I would go to a quiet room with my music and comfy bed or easy chair. I would use the music or music video to pull my attention away from my anxiety. I would have near collapses from over stimulation that could be all consuming. This rescue protocol would help me recover.

You sound like you are responding more to the bump than the injury. The bump may have been a physical trigger to symptoms at a level of 2 or 3 but your response to the bump for fear of it being an injury may be causing the symptoms to manifest at 6 or 7.

As you say, you are struggling with anxiety. That is not the normal life you are wanting. Learning skills to reduce your anxiety levels will help with PCS and general life issues.

The verse from Psalms in my signature is about letting go of anxieties. It has made a big difference in my life.

I'm going to make a leap about your recent bump. I bet you were a bit frustrated or irritated at needing to go under your desk to get the cord. This contributes to the lack of coordination that caused you to lose awareness of your surroundings and hit your head. I say this because I used to be like this. This attitude only makes risk higher. I observe this with my wife when she is tired or hurried.

Resetting priorities so that feeling pressured, rushed, frustrated is less common greatly enhances life. Many job environments make it hard to let go of these pressures but it is important.

I look at some of these issues by choosing to be purposeful with movement and tasks rather than reactionary. "I've got to grab that #@%$& cord" is reactionary. Relaxing and accepting that some tasks are not as comfortable than others but that is OK because we can do them without getting annoyed can radically change life.

It is no different than how many people react to driving in traffic. One can react and fight and argue against slow traffic or one can relax and choose the best route and accept that one is not in control of the time it takes to get to a destination.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote