View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, you need to stop fixating on symptoms. Stop checking for symptoms. Move on with your day.

As I said, it does not matter if it was a concussion or not. Treat the symptoms. Work on learning to relax and let your symptoms go away. Take something for your headache. Find something to focus on besides how you feel.

Last night when I was replying, I thought of a concept.

Have you heard of the old Indian story of the two wolves?

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

This concept work with PCS. Are you going to feed your anxiety about PCS or are you going to feed your efforts to move forward with your life?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bud (12-17-2017), Carried (12-17-2017)