Thread: Antipsychotics
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 12:11 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Abilify is ok. I find sulpiride much scarier. The thing with psychiatric medicine is that everone reacts different to it. You can try it and see if it has any side effects for you or not. For ex. I take mirtazapine for sleep. I don't have any side effects whatsoever and feel perfectly normal, but someone i know has terrible side effects from it. If you are worried i would suggest talking with your doctor. There are many other medicine that can help anxiety if you really don't want to take antipsychotics.

Also think for yourself. There is a different between needing medicine and not wanting medicine. I don't want sleep meds, but i need it. Do you feel that you are extremely anxious, why not try it. And it would probably be a good idea to talk to a psychologist if you really suffer from anxiety. Medicine help but in the long run you need to learn how to deal with it and a psychologist can help.

Btw if you are scared of potential brain damage from any medicine, this doesnt occur if you take it for a short term. Any medicine has the potential to do harm if you take it forever in high doses. So you should be fine with just trying.

Stay strong!
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote