Old 12-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Hi Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Your neck muscles are not strong enough to cause an injury unless you were to shake your head back and forth violently for an extended period of time. Those momentary jerks in response to a startle are easily tolerated. Any symptoms are more likely due to a startle anxiety reaction where you brain kicks into fight or flight mode and is overwhelmed with stress hormones.

So, no continuous shaking your head to rock music or head shaking to check your heads tolerance.

Your anxiety about this is like making a startle response last for days. Try to relax and find something productive to think about.
Hey,

I know this is a post from a long time ago, don't know if you'll see this, but if you already had a concussion, is it easier to get like a second?

If so, considering I have a concussion now along with tense neck muscles which move really quickly, is it possible for me to worsen my concussion when I suddenly jerk my head back from getting startled? I feel like my tense neck muscles are stronger than my neck muscles were before.

Or would this just cause some symptoms due to my anxiety?
JohnZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote