View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Bizi, I know it is hard to let go, especially since you are an RN. I think you should have Jeff relay any concerns you have, even though he may not be as assertive as you would like, because she is his mother. She will be more receptive, if at all, to concerns/ideas coming from him. I hope he will trust your knowledge and experience and do what he can to address safety issues and getting her to accept outside help. I know that will be hard, but it will make your visit with her more pleasant for all of you

It sounds like your trip will be overwhelming overall

I'm glad that you are mentally preparing yourself, but I hope your anxiety isn't starting to ramp up with your departure coming soon

You can try a combination of things to help curb your drinking, not just tea, which could get old over a long period of time. I remember you were thinking of drinking smoothies at one point. You could also make mocktails that taste very good.

I drink O'Doul's, but not more than 1-2. !0 of them = 1 beer. There are other non-alcoholic beers out there that are 'fuller" and may be more to your taste if you decide to go that route.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-17-2017), Dmom3005 (12-19-2017), Mari (12-17-2017), mymorgy (12-17-2017)