Thread: C5 Palsy
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 10:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey TheGirlGeek. Sorry to hear about your experience. As many of you know, the medical industry (who is supposed to put patients first) is broken. Care givers and doctors have gotten so jaded that they have forgotten the human side of the process.

As for your C5 Palsy, since it started 7 days after the surgery, you might take a little longer to recover. The general thought is that the longer it takes to start, the longer it takes to resolve. Since you only have it on one side, it would seem to me that you are only dealing with a nerve root problem (nerves that run down your arm) and not a spinal cord issue. That's a good thing. I would ask your therapist to start doing nerve stimulation therapy. As I have said throughout this post, nerve stimulation is one of the key therapies that you can do. One home exercise you can try is to get a paint roller and attach it to a pole. Stand facing a wall and use your bad arm to roll the paint roller up the wall. Use your good arm to help. I came up with this exercise because I needed a better way to isolate the deltoid. It worked pretty good for me.

Keep up the fight and it will get better. Don't let a few set backs discourage you.

Thanks for the post and keep us updated.
Jastek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote