View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 08:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

And while I think on it, the day we saw his Psych and her bluntly asking db if she can be honest. Then stating he has been wanting to leave or make changes to his life for the last 12 months. He’s spent $225 a session and seen her for 2 years.

I wish I had my wits about me to instead of being shocked being able to say to her and what strategies did you present to db to make these changes. You sent him to the mankind project. And then abandoned him, you as much told him that with the MKP he won’t need her. I well remember when he was suicidal and in the phonceall I had to his psychiatrist whom said he had never recieved a report from her regarding db and she can’t just abandon him. I remember chronicling the anger his psychiatrist expressed. And I remember db made no changes he went to MKP and was for a little bit rejuvenated but it dropped away as he does with everything, he loses interest.

I found an email he sent me this time last year; Thanks for your help together we can achieve so much. If we make a plan when I get back home and we can do a little every day. I just need help getting me started I feel a lot happier just doing the pond. I will miss you over Christmas I just need to think before I speak and show my appreciation. Maybe we can start over in the new year? We have stuck together for the last 24 years if we try we can make it better we are 80% there if we both make a little more effort wow we can do anything. Love Lyndon.

Clearly I missed the maybe we can start over... but I more than put in my 20% towards to 100, db put in 0%. All he did was complain & couch sit, no effort to do anything. But when little miss BO came along and started to do things (because he was paying her) he felt motivated. Motivation should come from within yourself, not guilt because someone else is doing it. And that’s what used to happen with us, I would get frustrated with his lack of action in the yard and I’d go and start working out there, then he would join in. That is exactly what happened with her, she was paid to do something and he’d go out and join her. Paying someone to do something that your helping them to do. I do hope he’s having fun in his new active life.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 12-18-2017 at 11:44 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-22-2018), eva5667faliure (12-19-2017), ger715 (12-19-2017), kiwi33 (12-19-2017), Wide-O (12-19-2017)