Thread: a question --
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I'd have to go look what they use to "buffer" C. I just remember noting they have it, and I considered it because my daughter was having trouble tolerating C, but she was taking a lot at the time.

Her integrative medicine doctor suggested 1-3 grams of C twice a day, right up to the point of slight softening of the stool..morning and night. He liked magnesium glycinate as being most absorbable... 500-600mg for her. I think we settled on 1 gram daily of C because that is all she seemed to tolerate.

I googled buffered C, and pulled this up from the Whole Foods site~ looks like they may buffer it with different things. We never tried the buffered C. I had bought chewable C thinking she'd be more likely to take it, but she didn't like the flavor and I think I later read it could be bad for dental enamel... and she already had problems there. I remembered thinking "next time"... we'd try buffered.

Quote:
Buffered versions of vitamin C are also commonly available. These buffered forms usually combine vitamin C with minerals like calcium, magnesium, or potassium. Buffered vitamin C may be helpful for individuals who have stomach sensitivity, or who are taking higher doses of the supplement.
Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote