Thread: Antipsychotics
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:24 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson View Post
I'm forced to take antipsychotics against my will and also potentially against my well being unfortunately, that's the atrocious law here where I live.
I have not experienced thinking problems like the ones of my PCS, but I suffer from side effects like restlessness and severe difficulty concentrating.
By the way, why do you think that Abilify is okay unlike other antipsychotics?

I'm sorry to hear about italian law. Nobody should be forced against their will. I firmly believe that everybody should be free to choose which treatment they want or not. Never have i ever thought about forcing patients even if they need it. I truly hope that you can discuss this with the doctor and he is reasonable enough to compromise.

Sorry for being annonying with my countless questions, but what do you mean by short term?
A matter of weeks, months or years is necessary to do brain damage, especially to a sensitive brain like a PCS one?
Personally i have no knowledge about effects of antypsychotics on pcs because i never had patient being put on antipsychotics. I know benzos are not good for tbi but alsi not horrible. A lot of patients take benzos because they need it. Short term is more like several months. There isn't a definitive answer for that. Everybody reacts different. Some can take it for years withouth problems
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote