View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 01:43 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

An update:

They sent me to the local social security doctor for an exam. A few days later they called me with questions about my antidepressant meds. I told them that depression is common with MS. They said that they might need to send me to a psychiatrist anyway because of the rules.

I told them that my neuro has scheduled an MRI for January and they said call us and let us know the results of that.

Then the next day they called and asked about my work that I did in my last and my previous job (10 years ago). I described my work and reminded them that in the previous job I had to sit while working and that I had great difficulties. The woman just wanted me to answer, didn't want explanations. I suppose it has to be that way or they can get mired in complications. She said she would send the report to the local social security office.

Meanwhile, I had an appointment with my neurologist and I brought a form that my attorney had sent me that was a questionnaire about my MS and the functions, etc... The doctor filled that out and I sent it back. I think they'll use that in case there is a denial.

The people on the phone have been polite lately but I have no idea if I am near getting approval. I suppose I'll find out within a couple of weeks.

If this is approved I'm hoping that medicare coverage won't be long after.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (12-21-2017), agate (12-22-2017)