Thread: a question --
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

That's really interesting. Thank you.

So magnesium is one of the things used.

I started looking at different magnesium tablets tonight... and got overwhelmed. I keep forgetting which is the kind I'm looking for... Maybe tomorrow when I'm not tired (and especially if I get some of the court stuff done) I may be able to better remember "glycinate"

I hope so

I am very interested to know if she would have more tolerance for C if she took it with magnesium... If you ever happen to try the two together... and you remember this thread...

that seems like a long shot.

I sure wish my memory worked better. I think (but I'm not sure) that I read somewhere very recently that a small amount of vitamin C (not a tiny amount, more like the amount your doctor recommended for your daughter) or a small amount of hydrochloric acid could keep h.pylori and other bacteria from settling in to our stomach linings...

h.pylori ... I need to do an h.pylori illustration for my B12 history page... and then maybe I'll remember it better... but I think that once it settles in, then the parietal cells that are supposed to make Intrinsic Factor cease to do that... and then B12 in food can no longer be absorbed...

But see, I don't remember clearly.

What amazes me is, that sounds like something we should all know. It sounds so basic. It startles me that I only just learned it... (if in fact I remember it correctly -- but I do think that's the gist of it.)