Thread: In a pickle
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 12:55 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I'm no lawyer, but ...

If you have been formally declared mentally incompetent, then all kinds of decisions about your medications might be being made behind your back.

But if not, then it seems to me it would be extremely risky for a doctor or nurse to provide you with medications that differ from what you are being told you get. That would be a sufficient form of malpractice to end one's career, and could be prosecuted as a crime too. In other words, if this is indeed happening to you, it has put the career and possibly the freedom of the person doing this to you at great risk. Because of that, my opinion is that it is unlikely.

If it is your own family you mistrust, you should be able to issue instructions to your assisted living facility about them (again, only if you are not formally mentally incompetent).

Perhaps there is a third alternative. Perhaps the medications that you are on are making you a bit paranoid. I think this should be considered (by you), though I am not in a position to judge. If you google for Parkinson's and paranoia, you may find something that helps you. Please note: If you are suffering from a mental consequence of your medication such as paranoia, it *won't* feel like it. So you need to deal with this intellectually, in the abstract. You can't ask yourself "Do I feel paranoid?", because paranoids never do.

I'll close by once again saying -- I'm not a lawyer (or a doctor), so perhaps the best I can do is get you to think about the options.

Dan
dan1000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
made it up (12-26-2017)