View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Close to 5 months and almost fully recovered. Only some mild tinnitus left which is getting better with physio. Although much discussed in this forum, realise that pcs is often a physical soft tissue injury. Neck and jaw injuries can give neurological symptoms. For ex. Nauseau can be a result of a jaw injury because the 7th cranial nerve runs through your jaw which controls digestion. A lot of symtpoms that can come from the brain can also come from these areas. So it's worth a while to get an examination by a physio, chiro or osteopath.

For the people who have tinnitus and believe this is a completly untreatable condition, think again. Tinnitus is a symptom of an underlying injury/dissease and if the injury is treatable so is the tinnitus. Yes some forms of it can't be treated but other forms can. Even in concussions it can have different etiologies. Vitamin b or zinc deficiencies can be the culprit. If the sound matches your heartbeat then its probably cardiovascular and you can go to a cardiologist. Hearing loss is much more difficult to adress but hbot and steroid injections have the potential to reverse it if done fast (but unfortunatly no guarantees). If you have pressure in your ears this stems from a eustachian tube disfunction which can be caused by either mucus or muscles spams in jaw or neck. If it's medicine related then only time can give an answer on weither it will heal or not.

In my case it was purely from muscle spams. Most typical feature with this kind of tinnitus is that the sounds vary with certain head and jaw movements or flexing certain muscles. And it went from continiously very loud to mild within a month of physio. It also takes a lot of discipline (home excersises, stretches, postural correction). This counts for other neck symptoms as well. So it's all about finding the cause and thus identifying the right treatment for your symptoms.

The healing process is mostly up to you. When my concussion was still there after 2 months i started panicking and ran from doctor to doctor. All doctors had the same conclusion. First time is the biggest healer. Second it's all up to you. If you keep panicking and wanting treatment from every doctor then you'll most likely heal worse because the stress will wear out your body. So try to relax and don't think of i have symptoms xyz all the time. Try to continue normal life within the boundaries of what you can. And be patience with treatment. I've seen a lot of fellow pcsers quit treatment after 4-5 sessions because they don't see the results they want. After a few physio sessions i was starting to think the same. But after month the tinnitus suddenly dropped and stayed thay way. So give everything time.

My best of luck to eveyone. And don't be afraid to go out and go for a walk! Find out what you can do without making symptoms worse and do it!
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vania (12-25-2017)