Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Because my list was so long, I went to the cheaper, crazier grocery store yesterday to save money. I got there right before 9am, and It was busy, but not too bad. They had a nice selection of smaller hams, and I got exactly what I wanted. I will not go near a supermarket this close to Christmas unless I absolutely have to.

Then I went to PetSmart to buy a big bucket of cat litter because the boxes need to be changed. For once, I actually ASKED FOR HELP to put it into the cart and into my car because there was no way I could have done it myself.

I'm really glad I've already gotten all my errands out of the way because it's snowing out, and the roads are really bad. I'm in for the day, and I want to get to some of the cleaning I've been neglecting because I've been so busy. I won't be going crazy tho. I will be happy if I can clean the floors in the kitchen and living room and get to the sink and toilet. I'm going to try taking another Diclofenac and hope it helps my pain so the cleaning isn't as hard on me.

I'm expecting Corey's hat today, but it's coming USPS, and they deliver late here. Corey will probably already be home when it comes. I don't know if I should just give it to him, or tell him I'm going to wrap it first. I won't get a nap unless I can get comfortable on the couch, so I don't miss the buzzer if the mailman comes.

On Christmas Eve, we will be going to my in-laws. My SIL will be there, and maybe her boyfriend, who we've never met before. Corey's step father's cousins (who we hardly know) will be coming for the first time as well. So, it was a little hard to pick out a couple of presents. Every year for dinner, my stepfather-in-law puts out finger sandwiches and meatballs he swears he makes himself, and they're terrible lol.

Corey and I haven't put up a Christmas tree in years because out 3 cats are terrible. You would never know it was Christmas here. I DVR the classic Christmas movies, which are mostly cartoons, and try to make him watch them on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and all he does is b**** about it! We'll have a quiet dinner here on Christmas Day.

Neither one of us is particularly religious, and I guess we just observe some of the more secular aspects of Christmas now.

My sister still hasn't called or texted to let me know that the package arrived, or to thank me. And neither she nor my BIL has let me know that the cards with the gift certificates arrived.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-22-2017), Gethprime (12-23-2017), Mari (12-22-2017), mymorgy (12-22-2017)