Old 12-24-2017, 12:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudest_mama View Post
Dear Fello Cyberspace friends:

I'm in a pickle and don't know what to do about it. I'm hoping someone out there can help me out.

I've had Parkinson's for 13 years now, diagnosed at the age of 44. I currently live in a senior retirement complex

I can't go into any details but I believe that my Carbidopa/Levadopa has been altered. I am either given an extremely low dose or a placebo.

Do any of you know if there is a blood/urine test that can see if I'm getting a placebo/

Alternatively, does anyone know of a lab I could call and talk this over?

Any and all help is appreciated.
which strength of C/L are you taking, 25/100, 10/100, 50/200CR, 25/100CR? if you aren't sure can you describe the pill, shape, color and any symbols on the pill.
there have been shortages of the mylan brands and for me at least, i can't tolerate some of the other generics and they seem to be less effective. so bottom line, are you getting a different generic? the pharmacy will know.

so if the problem is you were switched to another generic because of unavailability or because the other generic was cheaper, and it isn't working well enough, then you have to ask the pharmacy to try to get the generic that you liked. if they can't, and the replacement generic isn't making you sick, then talk to your doctor about increasing the dosage.

if your're getting the same generic as before then you've got a serious problem and need to contact the nursing home and if they can't help you contact the pharmacy, maybe there was a bad lot, maybe the pharmacy unknowingly supplied bogus C/L - never heard of that happening. if nothing has changed then there's something about you that has changed, maybe gastric emptying has slowed, you have a new bacteria in your system, in which case i assume you'll contact your neuro.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote