View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 01:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Ooo Extraction growth?

Hi there! I'm new to this site and I am an otherwise healthy thirty-six-year-old mom (well I say healthy but I have autoimmune issues). Anyway I recently had to lower back molars extracted. Everything went fine but about 8 Days post extraction I started noticing a veiny reddish bump growing on one part of my back extraction. I'm absolutely terrified that it's an infection or oral cancer. Of course since it's the holidays I can't get in to see the oral surgeon until Wednesday and I'm driving myself insane. The growth has grown quite a bit in the past few days and its reddish pink with red veins. It's soft squishy and movable. I don't know if it's just extra gum tissue or if it's an infection or cancer. I'm currently 13 days post extraction and there's not really any pain. I have been diligent with the salt water rinses. Can someone please help?
I've attached a picture if you can look at it. I would appreciate any advice or help. This is giving me so much anxiety and I just want to enjoy Christmas with my kids!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20171224-091913.jpg (95.8 KB, 59 views)
Mellymc22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote