Old 12-26-2017, 01:25 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Leon,

Did an oral surgeon or a general dentist extract the wisdom tooth?

Why was the tooth removed?

Was the tooth decayed?

Was there an infection associated with this tooth?

Did the dentist mention that the root of the tooth may be in close proximity to the sinus? That is a common occurrence.

Was the tooth removed in it's entirety or was a piece broken off and left in the area?

Your symptoms mimic either a sinus communication, a retained piece of tooth and/or an infection.

It is best to consult with an oral surgeon. If the treating dentist is an oral surgeon than get a second opinion. You will need a copy of your pre and post op xrays, copy of the surgical report and the scan for the second opinion.

Bryanna
Hi Bryana, thanks for the reply. The surgery was done under an oral surgeon, because it was impacted and it was causing pressure to the tooth beside it. No decayed but the tooth did cut the gum out when it grew thats why it drew my attention and I decided to have it removed. The tooth was removed a whole piece I guess as after the pain I had x ray with my general dentist and she found nothing left in the area. As you said, I am going to have a second opinion from a different oral surgeon. My original oral surgeon did mention if my symptoms persist he may need to open the wound again to find out what's going on. Do you think it is a good idea?
lookingforward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote