Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 10:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant@thetable View Post
A heartfelt thank you Catra. Your very concise description of your DRG stimulator trial experience has been very helpful to me. I am a very weeks behind what you have gone through and have followed your posts. They have comforted me in realizing that what I am going through is normal.

I had my permanent drg stimulator put in yesterday. I was rather surprised in that the trial was so easy. I thought "nothing to this". Even to the point of telling the fellow prior to the permanent implant that I probably wouldn't need paid meds- just Advil. Didn't need anything much for the trial so why would I need anything for the implant?

Boy was I wrong. Yesterday I looked at your posts and saw that what I was experiencing was pretty much what you had gone through. Much thanks for that. The permanent implant surgery was pretty uncomfortable.

As a side note, I think we go to the same group of drs. Based on your timeline, I think we have been missing each other by about a day. Maybe one of these times our visits will coincide and we can meet.
I'm glad things are going well for you and I am sorry that you have had to got through the back pain. It definitely does get better...took about 10 days but then there was a definite decrease in the back pain. I'm now at 17 days after the procedure and for the most part the back main is minimal (though it does itch and is driving me a bit crazy for that..lol...but that's just the healing). I can sit and lay down pretty normally now...so it will get better.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (12-31-2017)