View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 02:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New here with CIPN - Rebuilder works?

I posted awhile back when I thought I had neuropathy per my Dr but I was actually anemic... Now unfortunately I definitely have CIPN.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb. Did 4 rounds of chemo including taxotere and had horrible toenail pain, numbness, pins and needles in my feet and some pins and needles in my hands. I was told symptoms would more than likely reverse themselves within 6 months of the end of Chemo. It's 7 months this week...

I am "OK" if I spend most of the day off my feet with my feet elevated @@ Christmas Day I hosted and when the last person was gone I burst into tears. My feet felt like they were literally on fire. The pain was so intense. My husband gets very frustrated because he doesn't know what to do other than feed me advil.

On top of that I have muscle pain and joint pain from the hormone therapy I am on. To try an ease that I have to make sure I don't sit still too long, I have to get up and move then I have the feet issues. I am in an endless loop of pain.

I walk like a waddling penguin. Even if I am having a good day I just can't seem to walk normal anymore, I walk on my heels.

My oncologist (CTCA in Zion IL) gave me Topricin cream which I think might work? I'm honestly not sure if it eases the pain or if I am imagining it and recommended the Rebuilder. I don't want to spend that much money on the rebuilder though without some concrete evidence that it works. There's also some systems that appear similiar on Amazon for much less.

I'd love to hear what other people have tried that may have helped.

Thanks!
MareQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote