View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 07:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineD View Post
I have both Peripheral Neuropathy (which is large nerve damage in my legs) and small fiber neuropathy just about everywhere. My PN is so severe that I can only walk with braces and a walker, and not very far, at that.

Nothing I did caused this, and my Immunologist believes that my Disordered Immune System attacked and damaged both large and small nerves, as well as many other organs/systems in my body.

Unless a specific cause (alcohol, heavy metals, nerve impingement in the spine) that can be stopped, most neuropathies are only subject to treatment of symptoms. For example I take Gabapentin which controls my small fiber neuropathy pain/itching/burning, but doesn't cure or 'stop' any progress.

I tried high dose B12 (of a certain formulation) for 3 years, with no results. Over the years I've heard of most management methods. I've had every genetic test and have ruled out all the genetic causes.

It has been very difficult for me, to say the least.

Regards, ElaineD
Hi Elaine

Thankyou for your reply. I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your problems. I can't imagine how difficult your situation is. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me
kmb sorefeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote