View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok then, 24hrs later and a very anxious day with my mum having a vertigo attack, me having to walk 2.3km in the heat, a significant breakdown in communication with the consultant I have today woken with a slightly swollen face that I’m told will go down. Apparently it takes 2 weeks to notice the full affect. Yesterday as the skin applied anaesthetic wore off the pain got worse, but I couldn’t take time out to look after me as I had Mum to tend to. Mum had to come first, she’s 86, I couldn’t live with myself otherwise. Anyway, I got her home driving across the city with an ice brick held to my face and slept the night on a frozen wheat pack. I’ve come to the conclusion nothing is ever going to be easy in my life.

But everything happens for a reason, mum having a turn while driving meant the car abandoned, parked in a car park outside a Thai restaurant and I walked to get it late yesterday afternoon after having taken her home and made sure she was ok. Driving her car home I was horrified to feel a judder and hear this terrible clacking noise coming from her front left wheel. As she has only 10% hearing she will not have heard it, but I can’t help but wonder if the juddering triggered her vertigo attack. I’m just glad she’s safe and didn’t have an accident. She was stopped in the middle of the road and 2 young men went to her assistance, pushing her car to the corner and phoning me. My brother thank god here from Queensland will have a look at the car this morning and decide if it’s roadworthy to drive to her home. I’m not confident!!

Post edit; Brother found huge wad of masking tape she had run over, a large bulge of it was hitting the inner rim everyime the wheel rotated, and some of it was free flapping against the car making the clacking sound. I couldn’t get down to the ground to see it after my long walk. So car taken to mums by him & Sil & I’ve asked him to check for the judder I could feel, although that said, the judder may have been the sizeable wad of masking tape. So zero outings for me today other than the pharmacy tonight when it’s cooler. Mum feeling washed out & legs weak but ok. We’ve all told her not to prune the garden anymore, she knows from previous occasions it causes her to have vertigo attacks.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 12-29-2017 at 11:25 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-22-2018), eva5667faliure (12-30-2017), ger715 (12-29-2017), Wide-O (12-30-2017)