View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:00 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Reagrivated symptoms or anxiety?

Hi all,
About a year and a half ago we were on the receiving end of a fender bender which left me with some PCS that I dealt with for about five months. After reading a lot of messages on here I understand that this is light compared to some issues you all face.

Two days ago I was driving and pulling into a parking spot and accidentally hit the gas I stead of the brake which then lurched the car to hit the stone building ahead of me. Even though it was an accident I feel like a complete fool but the worst part is my anxiety kicked in immediately. But there is pretty much no damage to the car, just a couple cracks along the bumper and that’s it. Basically I just was lurched forward as the car hit the stone wall.

Since the accident I’ve felt many symptoms that I’ve had in the past from the PCS, pressure in my head, a bit of wooziness or foggy brain, a sore neck, my anxiety is elevated obviously, hot flashes, too much noise and light is a bit overwhelming. I’m so scared that I gave myself another mild concussion or my pcs has returned.

My question is, since I’m a very anxious person, how do I tell if it’s symptoms brought on by my anxiety or actual PCS symptoms. I’m returning to work on Jan 2 and I really can’t afford to take time off and rest.

Unfortunately my job is computer based and I’ve also noticed when I look at the screen too long my head starts to feel a bit tight and pressurized. Not so much a full on headache but definitely like I’m straining something.

Any advice? I’m hoping it’s mostly my anxiety and that I can get over this before I return to work.

Thanks so much and happy new year
Scoots
Scoots86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote