Thread: Baclofen. Pump
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 03:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

But a bit of time since getting it now, so far, no real difference aside from an aversion to wearing jeans (wearing first pair since surgery and not real comfortable as yet). But did have some excitement after the pump was placed too, got to learn I am now allergic to Tylenol, the weekend of the surgery I lost all sense of balance, and most of the vison in my left eye and partial vision loss in my right eye, was having difficulty breathing and even passed out when we got to the ER... they brought me to the back and hooked up an IV of Tylenol which not only worsened all the symptoms that sent me there in the first place but also caused a major rash to break out.

Which further left the ER scrambling as they couldn’t give me any benedryl, nor steroids, and as the remains a question mark over my allergy to epinephrine, they stood around for a bit after stopping the Tylenol wondering what now??? So told them to flush my system with saline, give me a hit or two off a non-steroidal bronchial inhaler and then give me a caffeine tab. Baffled the younger doctor there but thankfully there was an older doctor available as well who confirmed that was really all they could do, aside from my airways closing up any further they could put in an airway, but if I was calm and still able to speak they likely wouldn’t have to worry about it.

And then the following week after getting 21! staples removed from my waist and back, I tore open my incision lol, I closed it up with a few butterflies and kept it dry for a few more days, and got it torn open again when my neuro filled it, so a few more butterflies again and I’m now healing quite well, phew. But at least with each passing day it’s seeming less like the worst decision in the history of medicine and more like a good choice even with the ever growing list of medication allergies,which my primary did take care of swapping my lortab script for a tramdol one so at least I wasn’t more than a day and a half without any kind of pain medication.